Children are referred to La Maison Eveil either:
- By the national hospital,
- By schools, on the recommendation of a teacher,
- By families, through “word of mouth”, which is very effective in Ouagadougou
The school year begins in mid-September. But before that date, consultations shall be held in August to receive the current Parents wishing to register their child. Following these general consultations, there is a first consultation to welcome the family and a second one particularly centered around the child and his or her problematic. A consultation is then organized with management to see the possibilities of admitting the child. Unfortunately, lack of space means that admission is essentially complementary to the size of the previous year, in case some of the older students do not re-register.
Who are our Children? (handicaps met)
The majority is of children with autism. In general, students can be divided into two major groups, within which combinations are possible.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Mental retardation without the association with ASD (troubles envahissants du développement (TED).